[OpenAFS-announce] afs-monitor 2.4 released

Russ Allbery openafs-info@openafs.org
Sat, 12 Jan 2013 20:01:19 -0800

I'm pleased to announce release 2.4 of afs-monitor.

afs-monitor provides Nagios-compatible probe scripts that can be used to
monitor AFS servers.  It contains five scripts: check_afs_quotas, which
monitors AFS volumes for quota usage; check_afs_space, which monitors file
server partitions for disk usage; check_afs_bos, which monitors any
bosserver-managed set of processes for problems reported by bos;
check_afs_rxdebug, which monitors AFS fileservers for connections waiting
for a thread; and check_afs_udebug, which monitors Ubik services (such as
vlserver and ptserver) for replication and quorum problems.

Changes from previous release:

    Support filtering the volumes considered on a particular server by a
    regular expression in check_afs_quotas.  The regular expression is
    specified with a new -r option.  Patch from Christian Ospelkaus.

    Also ignore bos status output from long-running scheduled jobs, such
    as AFS backups, in check_bos_status.  Patch from Georg Sluyterman.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/afs-monitor/>

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Debian packages have been uploaded to my personal repository.  Please let
me know if it would be helpful to you to have them in Debian proper.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.